Looking to Volunteer? The Big Bend Homeless Coalition is so much more than our name! Yes, we help the homeless, but we also help veterans, families experiencing homelessness, persons with disabilities and more.
Below are our top Volunteer Projects! Most are outdoor opportunities. If you are interested in learning more, please reach out to Annie at email@example.com. We can’t wait to hear from you!
HELP OUR VETERANS PROJECTS
NEEDS – PLEASE PICK ANY OF THE BELOW
- CLEAN UP DAY. Volunteers needed to pick up trash surrounding the apartment complex for veterans.
- DOOR MAT DRIVE. Requesting door mats (up to 52) with preference for mats that are welcoming. All colors are welcome but the new theme is red, white and blue.
- GAME ROOM REVAMP. We have a small game room with a ping pong table. We need ping pong paddles and balls. We also could use help repainting the room. We recommend volunteers come see the room first and then work with management on ideas to spruce up!
- FREE LITTLE LIBRARY. We’d love someone to build a little library and donate some graphic novels, and interesting books.
- GRILL AREA! Any vendors that could help us build a safe and secure grill out area would be LOVED by our clients.
HELP OUR PERSONS WITH DISABILITIES COMMUNITY
- CLEAN UP DAY(s). Volunteers needed to pick up trash surrounding the apartment complex. Preference for persons with pickup trucks and ability to pick up and move furniture and branches. Light cleaning around the complex, such as picking up trash, is also needed. Also, we need volunteers to take unneeded items to Goodwill and help clean out offices.
- PICNIC TABLE & GAZEBO DONATION. We have a lot of green space around the apartment complex, and would love a covered gazebo/picnic area for our clients.
- BEAUTIFICATION PROJECTS! We have tremendous needs to improve the look and feel of our community. If you have a green thumb and the ability to provide potted plants or have other ideas, please call us and we’ll provide a tour to get your ideas.
- FINANCIAL DONATION. We need to raise about $9000.00 for a gate at the entryway of our property. This will keep out non-community members who access the property with intent to sell drugs or throw away trash.
HELP OUR HOMELESS FAMILIES AT HOPE SHELTER
- CAMPUS BEAUTIFICATION. Volunteers needed to pick up trash, pull weeds, trim shrubs, paint, donate pinestraw, and help us improve campus for families!
- BECOME AN MVP (MEAL VOLUNTEER PARTICIPANT). Come as often as you’d like to help our cafeteria staff feed 100 family members. MVPs make a huge difference in HOPE’s operation by purchasing, cooking, and serving meals to families.
- CHILDREN’S ACTIVITIES. Create crafts, facilitate field days, and add fun to kids’ lives sheltering at HOPE.
- FOOD SORTING AT SECOND HARVEST. Help ensure HOPE receives food from Second Harvest in a way that is most useful by sorting food so we can plan menus.
- BECOME A HOPE CHAMPION. We’re seeking 1000 persons, businesses or organizations to donate at least $600.00 in 2022 to help us support our HOPE campus. All donors will be featured on our Facebook page to help us bring awareness of the need for homeless families.
To get involved, please contact Annie Rada, Volunteer Coordinator, Big Bend Homeless Coalition at Volunteer@bigbendhc.org.
- Encourage your friends to donate! Celebrate your birthday with a Facebook Fundraiser or ask for cash donations to benefit BBHC
– (share link or add donate button here (https://tinyurl.com/y2mg7kpc))
- Host a donation drive of items we need – email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 850-339-6316 for additional guidance
- Host a virtual fundraiser (i.e. 5K or lip sync battle), or a socially distant activity like (i.e. kickball game) to benefit the BBHC. Contact email@example.com for ideas and assistance in promoting the event.
- Be an advocate – share our website, Facebook page, and posts with friends! Inspire others to have compassion for the needs of our community’s most vulnerable families with minor children, Veterans, and persons with disabilities and long histories of homelessness.